Sunday 6 July 2014

Danish Pastry ~ Duchess

Puff Pastry



This is my second blog on puff pastry. As you know I am quite happy with the frozen puff pastry I found @ the local supermarket (COLD STORAGE, Market Place and if you are lucky NTUC), so I tried out different type of Danish pastries. There is a wide range of fillings and toppings as well as shapes and sizes to choose from, which can make the preparation of these pastries almost as much fun as eating them!

In this blog I am showing on how to do Duchess Pastry. For written recipe, please refer to my blog on Mini Napoleon Strawberry with Lemon Curd.

As for other shapes like Windmill, you can look at the youtube below which is very well shown in anime form. 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvgYYUIc0kM

There are many other recipe you can used for puff pastry which is well archived in the company website Pepperidge Farm and the youtube videos as well (http://www.youtube.com/user/PFpuffpastry/videos). Do look at them if you are keen. 

And of cos this is the second time I am using drawing to illustrate my recipe and hope it can be easily understood. Do have fun on the berries decoration, maybe add some raspberry or blueberry or apple. Bon Appétit and have fun!!!

P.S. The lemon curd recipe shown below is for 1 packet of puff pastry. 







0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Facebook Favorites More