Monday 24 June 2013

Old-Cucumber Soup (老黄瓜汤)

Chinese love to drink soup...so do I and my "boss", I remembered once we were in Europe for 20 days without the "chinese soup" and we missed it so much that we rush into a chinese restaurant as if we strike a lottery...

Therefore I always took the opportunity to tell my boss, you see how important I am in your life??? I can cook soup!!!! hahahah

Never did he know that, these kind of soup is really easy to do... as usual..dump everything in the pot and cook for 2 hours ....

Old cucumber soup is cooling in nature, so if you feel heaty, you may want to drink some to relieve some heatiness in your body...

Ingredients (Serves 3 – 4, easily)

  • a small Chinese old cucumber (cut into big chunks after removing the seeds)
  • about 200g pork ribs/big pork bones.
  • 1.5 litres of water 
  • 6 red dates
  • 6 dried scallops
  • 1 carrot (cut into bite size)
  • salt to taste
Directions
  • Wash dried scallops & red dates
  • Rinse pork ribs, scald in boiling water for 1-2 min. Remove and rinse in cold water.
  • In a soup pot, put all the ingredients in. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer the soup over low heat for about 2 hours.
  • Salt to taste, and serve.
 
 
 
 
 

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Facebook Favorites More