Wednesday 5 June 2013

Stir fried Long Beans ~ Tumis Kacang Panjang (Indonesia Style)

 
 
Frankly speaking I am a carnivora... meaning that I dont really eat vegetables, but many people keep scolding me of how unhealthy... so I choose a few kind that I ate such as Long Beans, KangKung and several others that do not have very strong vege taste... heheh I know I am cheating...
 
 
But I love to eat the following dish...
 
Here are the recipe:
 
Ingredients:
- A bunch of long beans (usually around 8 stalks sold in local supermarket)
- 8pcs of medium size shrimp
- 1 tbsp dried shrimp (soaked in water till softened, do not throw away the water)
- 4 pcs red bird chilli (slice diagonally)
- 2 cloves shallots (chopped finely)
- 1 clove garlic  (chopped finely)
- 1 tsp chicken powder/ shrimp paste (belacan)
 
Directions:
1. Cut long beans (6cm long) and wash throroughly.
2. Dried them and fried it for awhile until the skin start to wrinkle (you can skip this step if you prefer less oily and prefer more crunchy texture). Set aside
3. In a wok, heat the oil. Then add the chopped garlic and shallots and stir fry till aromatic.
3. Add chilli, dried shrimp and shrimp paste/chicken powder and then mix well.
4. Add shrimp and cook till turn pink.
4. Add long beans and mix well. Then add the leftover dried shrimp water and cook for few minutes.
5. Season with salt if needed.  Serve with steamed rice  or good to go with beer.

 
 

 

 
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Facebook Favorites More