Tuesday 25 June 2013

Baumkuchen ~ The King of cakes in Germany

 
I saw this cake selling @ B1 Takashimaya, didnt know that I manage to do it at home, of cos not using the big rod but using the japanese egg roll pan below. This blogger give you a good information on the cake that is sold in Takashimaya.
 
 
 
 
 
 
If you want to know the history of this dessert, there is a good writing on this website:
 
Sharing with you some pictures of the one I did at home. I learnt it from an online chef
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcPwZDe0HH4. I would say it goes well with some ice cream and fruit. However, this recipe is a bit plain to eat on its own.
 
One day I will do it again and add some strong flavour to the batter, maybe I will integrate the Indonesia Kue Lapis flavour. If you have tried it with additional flavour, share it with me how it turn out...

 
 
 


 
 
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Facebook Favorites More