Saturday 15 March 2014

Spaghetti Aglio Olio with Fresh Clams

Aglio Olio

I have never been a fan of pasta until I found this amazing pasta brand Barilla.. It changed my mind that good pasta can only be eaten at Italian restaurant, now that I know why I didn't get it right ... its the pasta that I bought at the local supermarket ... from now onwards I will only try the Barilla (sounds like advertisement but I am not) ...




This time round I did the popular light flavor Aglio Olio... The spaghetti is so yummy and the fresh clams add the sweetness of the sea into it...


Let me share my recipe, but I believe everybody have their own recipe right? Who doesn't know how to do Aglio Olio ... its so simple and delicious ... and the cherry tomatoes is so sweet with the right taste of sourness in it


Serves 2


Ingredients

200g Spaghetti (1 person portion is around 100g)
4 crushed garlic cloves
2 thinly sliced chilli (add more if you like spicy)
250g fresh clams/fresh mussels or both
50g halved cherry tomatoes
Parsley
Extra virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper

Directions

1. Soak clams in salt water to clean.

2. Bring a big pot of water to boil, once boiled add salt and drop the Spaghetti into the water and stir. Cook according to the time shown on the pack.

Note: Do not add any olive oil in the boiling water and do not rinse the pasta with cold water.

3. Add olive oil in a frying pan, add garlic and chilli and cook on medium heat until garlic turns brown. Add cherry tomatoes and cook for 2 min. Add the clams and stir. Season with salt and cover with a lid and keep cooking until all the clams and mussels have opened. Add 1-2 tbsp of the pasta water into the pan.

(As an Asian, I love to use fish sauce to season seafood, therefore instead of using salt I used around 1 tsp of fish sauce)

4. Drain the pasta 1-2min before the suggested time.  Toss the pasta with the clams in the pan until most juices have been absorbed. Add parsley and toss. Drizzle extra virgin oil and finish with cracked pepper.


P.s. I love my automatic pepper grinder 

Any comments please visit...
https://www.facebook.com/NCashBakery/photos/a.176033742514571.37013.176023055848973/532607490190526/?type=1&theater

1 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Facebook Favorites More